The Underpinning Philosophy
- High-quality teaching leads to a stimulating and enjoyable educational experience for all and positive individual academic performance.
- A broad and balanced curriculum, with an emphasis on English and Mathematics offers real choice and opportunity in an ever changing technological world.
- A well ordered and disciplined environment will help ensure students feel safe and happy.
- An extensive enrichment programme will allow students to develop their own talents and interests.
- Strong bonds between home, school and the community will further reinforce the school’s success.
Solihull Academy Purpose
- To meet the personal emotional and academic needs of 13-16 year old students who have disengaged from mainstream provision and require a different, more closly focused educational experience to succeed.
- To maximise the academic achievement of the Academy’s students and provide them with a positive springboard into a successful life post-16.
- To reduce the necessity for permanent and fixed term exclusions in the Solihull area and minimise the risk of students becoming offenders.
- To improve Solihull’s Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) figures.